Date: 9/12/17 4:21 pm
From: Marshall Weber <mjweber478...>
Subject: [GABO-L] West Point Dam - AMOY, REKN Among Continuing Rarities
Hi All,

Today I visited West Point Dam and the surrounding area with Patrick Maurice, Dan Vickers, and Kris Bisgard. We also met up with Malcolm Hodges and James White. In the afternoon, we were able to relocate what we were pretty sure were two LONG-TAILED JAEGERS (one of which was previously found by Malcolm). In addition to good looks at the SABINE’S GULL and MAGNIFICENT FRIGATEBIRD, and 10-12 SOOTY and BRIDLED TERNS that Mark McShane previously posted about on GABO, we had a number of interesting shorebirds. Of greatest interest was the first inland record in Georgia (according to eBird) of an AMERICAN OYSTERCATCHER (juvenile). Also of note was a single RED KNOT associating with three SANDERLINGS, and a BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER near some Killdeer. Our checklists are below for anyone who is interested (photos of most of the rarities will be uploaded to the lists shortly).

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39145480 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39145480>
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39145357 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39145357>
https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39146890 <https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39146890>

Good (Storm) Birding!