Date: 9/12/17 1:02 pm
From: Teresa Lyle <teresalyle...>
Subject: [GABO-L] Atlanta Audubon Society Field Trip - Wednesday, September 13 at W.H. Reynolds Nature Preserve
Field Trip: Reynolds Nature Preserve
Wednesday 9/13 8:00AM
W.H. Reynolds Nature Preserve (Clayton County)
Leader: Anne McCallum
Cell contact morning of walk: 678.642.7148

Birding Focus: We will look for resident birds such as woodpeckers (including Pileated Woodpeckers), warblers, thrushes, and Barred Owls. The trail is very wide, flat, and is less than 2 miles round trip. It passes through mature deciduous forest and along several ponds. Check out their website above for more details. Restrooms are available.

Directions and Parking: Just south of Atlanta, take Exit 233 from I-75. Take Hwy. 54 North (Jonesboro Rd.) about 0.9 mile to the light at Reynolds Rd. (Walmart will be ahead on your left). Turn left on Reynolds Rd. and go about another 1.1 mile to the parking lot, which will be on your left just after the road has turned a bit to the left. Google these coordinates or program your GPS:
33.601464, -84.346874

Public transportation: MARTA Routes 191 and 195 stop at Jonesboro Rd. at Huie Rd.: walk 0.5-mile west on Huie Rd., then right for a couple hundred feet to get to the preserve.

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>