Date: 9/12/17 12:54 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Random Hegret remarks
Take them for what they are worth. (I can well imagine what that is!)

1. Many many years ago there was an immature 'Little Blue Heron' accepted
by OBRC from Vernonia (as I recall).
When I saw photos at birder's nite I said 'That doesn't look right for a
Little Blue Heron to me'. At that long ago time I had
recently moved to PDX from Florida and had watched 'a lot' of Little
Blues. Those memories have sorted faded by
now so I won't comment further.

2. Many many years ago there was an accepted(?) Little Blue x Snowy Egret
hybrid at Palo Alto on San Francisco Bay which hung around for awhile.
I have some slides of that bird which I may have scanned and may be able to
find. (see attached).

Bob OBrien Carver OR

PS Last Friday I was in Burns and not knowing of the Hegret scare I opted
to skip the Narrows in favor of other explorations farther west. Lucky
thing!

Join us on Facebook!