Date: 9/12/17 12:41 pm
From: William Legge <WGDLegge...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Rodeo Lagoon - Migrants 9/12

David Wiechers and I were treated to a nice little influx of new migrants early this morning at Rodeo Lagoon (Marin Headlands), no doubt mixed up in this humid weather and last evenings storms. The highlight was a flyover White-faced Ibis which we picked up flying high over the main lagoon, coming from the south east and purposefully heading NW out over the ocean in the direction of Outer Point Reyes at 7:40am. Best of the rest as follows:

New migrants in today

1 Green Heron - the first one we have recorded in almost two years at this location!
1 White-faced Ibis - the aforementioned flyover
1 Spotted Sandpiper - western shore of the main lagoon
2 Northern Rough-winged Swallow
2 Barn Swallow
1 Warbling Vireo
1 Orange-crowned Warbler
7+ Yellow Warblers
1 Townsend's Warbler - female/1st winter
5 Wilson's Warblers (none yesterday)
2 Lincoln's Sparrow
14 Tricolored Blackbird - single flock feeding on mown grass near the Marin Headlands Visitor Car Park
1 House Sparrow - female - almost a 'mega rarity' out here!

Continuing migrants

1 Horned Grebe - eastern end of the main lagoon for its second day
1 Belted Kingfisher - 1st winter male
11+ Pygmy Nuthatch
2 Savannah Sparrow

Good birding!