Date: 9/12/17 10:53 am
From: Josiah Clark <josiah.clark621...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Juicy migrant morning west side
With the unusual weather pattern migrants were out in force on my beat this morning. I was reminded of my tropical birding days with the humid feel and smell of moist, warming plants.
It seems like the 3rd quarter of fall migration is kicking in strong. I looked around mountain lake and presidio hills finding the following birds of note:
Red crossbill-8 local, 2 non local "small billed" fly overs
Rb nuthatch, Lincolns sparrow, bg gnatcatcher, common yellowthroat, American goldfinch, several house Wren, lots of the more common western migrants foraging low in scrub and flying about.
There's been some around but it was suddenly Siskin land there today as well.
Turkey vulture and a couple south bound sharpies make me think it might be a hawk movement day as things warm up and dry out, the wind seems on the switch to north it seemed.
Local birds of interest included 2 spotted towhees and at least 4 bewick's Wren. A begging house finch seemed late.
Good luck and keep looking up.

Sent from my iPhone

http://www.yahoogroups.com/

<*> Your email settings: