Date: 9/12/17 10:43 am
From: Charles Jackson <socalbirder8...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Painted Bunting
With respect, location, time, and date are helpful. For those that are just tuning in, they may not know which community garden. Was this yesterday, or today? Was it earlier or just now and the bird is still present?

(This is called "the curse of knowledge," and like everyone else, I make this mistake. But it's happened a few times recently on this list serve and if nobody else will point it out, I'll but in and do it, no offense. It happens, for example, when people act on buried email strings, or when they get info from a non-general group network and act on it, and then post follow-up to this list serve and inadvertently leave out details that only the original select number of folks had access to and would of course know. For those just tuning in, or those that don't have access to other networks, time, date, location are important.)

I am trying to do better myself and emulate postings by the likes of Gary and Paul (if I may drop a couple names). They are prime examples and good go-bys.

Thanks for posting though. A lot of people very interested in that male now, and you grabbed a few photos even, yay! You may be the first, for this target.

Happy birding TooFly,
Charles

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 12, 2017, at 07:17, <imtooflytofly...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...> wrote:
>
> Community Gardens...still here!!!
>
> https://flic.kr/p/Y3XG73
>
> https://flic.kr/p/Y3XGiW

Join us on Facebook!