Date: 9/12/17 10:35 am
From: Peter Pyle <ppyle...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Spizellas, Black Swift, Point Reyes Station
Of local interest there were three Spizella sparrows with a flock of
White-crowns (most/all recent pugentesis arrivals by the looks of it)
at the Giacomini Marsh trail exiting from the corner of 3rd and C
streets, PRS. One was a Brewer's, one was a Clay-colored, and the
third was one of these two that I was not able to identify. The flock
was feeding on the path, about 100 m straight down where it skirts
(to the left) the currently dry vernal pool there.

While I was trying to sort out the Spizellas I heard Purple Martins
and looked up to see an interesting assortment of swallows and swifts
headed south. There were about 6 martins, several Violet-green
Swallows, at least one each of Cliff and Barn swallow, at least one
Vaux's Swfit, and a Black Swift. Unfortunately the flock was moving
south so quickly (led by the martins) that I did not get a full assessment.

Peter

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)