Date: 9/12/17 10:04 am
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: Zero BBWDs in Larned / 12 Sept.
During my last visit eight days ago we observed the juvenile Black-bellied
Whistling-Ducks take a brief flight. So it came as no surprise that today,
12 September, NONE of the 9 juvenile and 2-3 adult BBWDs were present at
their usual spot SE of Larned. There are many other ponds and such in the
Larned area where they may have moved, but right now we're facing the
likelihood that they've left for good.

Congrats to the many birders who travelled to Larned to see these birds.
We've ordered 20 Fulvous Whistling-Ducks for 2018.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to