Date: 9/12/17 7:55 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Wheaton Regional Park today 9/12
Hi all,

Quite a bit slower today, not unexpected with the overcast skies last night. Still some migrants about, the highlight being a stunning adult male Hooded Warbler, flushed from the ground near the south gate of Brookside Gardens. Otherwise just six other warbler species, Yellowthroat the most abundant. Another birder had a single Parula. Very few Pewees and Red-eyes. Nice looks at a fresh Least Flycatcher. Had our FOS Ruby-crowned Kinglet and multiple Swainson's Thrushes feeding in the vines. The number of Wood Ducks in Pine Lake is up to 11. However we need another cold front, there are still plenty of migrants to come!

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

42 species
Birds of interest: