Date: 9/12/17 7:03 am
From: 'Mcmullen, Keith A CIV USARMY CEMVS (US)' <Keith.A.Mcmullen...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET IOS Carlyle Lake pelagic trip, 30 September (no sightings)
Hey Everybody!

Time is running out to register for the IOS Carlyle Lake field trip, 30 September, that includes the ever popular 3-hour "pelagic" from the comforts of pontoon boats!

http://www.illinoisbirds.org/

Use the above link to access the IOS website and follow the path to the Pay Pal link to sign-up. Space is always limited. The fees associated with this trip pay for the pontoon boat rentals and gasoline.

NEW this year!!!!!!! We will be having a cookout for supper at the Olympic Pavilion located in Hazlet State Park after we finish the pontoon ride instead of gathering at a local restaurant. More details will follow, but most likely we'll have hot dogs, brats, chips, cookies, soda and water. Tyler and I will be finalizing details and keep everyone posted.

With the unsettled weather our coastal states have been experiencing, we may have better opportunities to tally Sabine's Gull, Jaegers and Phalaropes. Currently, shorebird habitat looks very good in several places around the lake and the late September date for this trip (the latest we've ever conducted this trip) bodes well for interesting sparrows and of course, lingering migrant warblers, flycatchers, tanagers and thrush.

Please consider signing up today! This promises to be another great IOS field trip! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a note.

Good birdings,

Keith McMullen
Field Trip Leader
O'Fallon, IL
<Warbler7...>

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Mcmullen, Keith A CIV USARMY CEMVS (US)"
<Keith.A.Mcmullen...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: