Date: 9/11/17 5:49 pm
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: NARROWS Egret, Heron?
Thanks so much, MerryLynn, for posting this photo -

The leg/foot pattern of the bird on the left, with yellowish toes, black on the front of the tarsal segment seems good for very young Snowy.  Their legs start yellowish and fill in black from bottom to top, and front to back.  I am not sure a Little Blue would ever have this much black on its tarsus.  The bill color could also be consistent with young Snowy but the bill does seem longish.  I am not ready to say this is definitely a Snowy but I would not rule it out.

Wayne
On 9/11/2017 4:52:09 PM, Mike & MerryLynn <m.denny...> wrote:
Hello all,
Here are my photos from Tuesday, Sept 5, around 4:30 pm. Cattle Egret present at the same time - not in photo

All comments welcome - and thanks. MerryLynn

https://www.flickr.com/photos_user.gne?path=m-ml_wallawalla&nsid=&page=&details=1 [https://www.flickr.com/photos_user.gne?path=m-ml_wallawalla&amp;nsid=&amp;page=&amp;details=1]

-- Mike & MerryLynn Denny Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley "If you haven't gone birding, you haven't lived"

Join us on Facebook!