Date: 9/11/17 2:15 pm
From: <tinamgilson...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Best 1/2 Day Birding in October

Hi All - I have a conference scheduled in SD for the weekend of October 20-22, and am returning home to San Antonio, TX, on Monday, October 23rd. I pushed my plane flight as late in the day as possible so I could find a few hours to bird. Can I get any suggestions for the best 1/2 day birding itinerary? I will not have a rental car and am staying in the Kearney Mesa area. I have looked into a half-day guided trip but all guides seem to require you to have a rental car. I know that isn't nearly enough time to scratch the great area birding. It would be nice to see a few endemics or interesting shorebirds.

Thank you for the recommendations. If I need to get a rental car I can do that for one day but would prefer to avoid the hassle.

Tina Gilson
San Antonio, TX

Join us on Facebook!