Date: 9/11/17 1:37 pm
From: Lisa Hug <lisahug...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] American Redstart
Hi Birders,

This morning a client and I found an American Redstart in China Camp
State Park (Marin County) on the Miwok Meadows Trail. It was between
the trailhead and the place on the trail where there begins to be trees
on both sides of the trail - right up against the trail. It was an adult
male. We both saw it briefly.

I returned to the spot about 40 minutes later to try and relocate it and
photograph it, but I couldn't find it again. it was with a mixed
feeding flock with a group of chickadees.

Also, while I am here, I would like to come clean on the Pacific
Golden-Plovers that I reported last week at Shollenberger Park. I am
pretty sure that I mistook some distant Black-bellied Plovers for them.

The clues that I've probably made an identification mistake:

1. I can't stop thinking about the birds.
2. The photos are so bad, they could have been someone's escaped
chickens.
3. Nobody else saw them.
4. I returned to the spot, and saw innocent, large-eyed Black-bellied
Plovers standing where I
photographed the birds a week ago.

I really miss those Golden-plovers that used to be at Shollenberger and
so I "saw" them. I am sorry to anyone who went out of their way to try
and see them.

Lisa Hug
Sebastopol, CA

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)