Date: 9/11/17 1:15 pm
From: Tom Schilke <tom.schilke...>
Subject: [ia-bird] possible swallow-tailed kite
Our Audubon chapter received a notice of what was described as a swallow-tailed kite at a farm SE of Independence at 2142 262nd St, The person watched it preen for two hours today, looked it up in a bird book, but didn’t have a camera at the time. It left the yard by the time we got this but may be in the area. Permission was granted to post the sighting in the hopes someone else may see it in the area and get a photo. The area is fairly wooded.

Tom Schilke - Waterloo