Date: 9/11/17 12:09 pm
From: Carol Morgan <crxmorgan...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Perry WA--Lassiter Marsh, Sep 11, 2017
Terry and Sam Mannell reported a family group of common gallinules three
days ago at Lassiter Marsh in Jefferson County. I went looking for them
this morning. I found five immatures and managed to photograph of couple
of them. I never saw adults although I heard a call from deeper in the
reeds. The immatures were quite skittish, often disappearing into the
reeds for quite some time before reemerging into view.

The road that goes past the marsh is closed at both ends by gates. I
walked from the west end of the road to the dike that is about midway in
the marsh. The gallinules were about 3/4ths of the way to the dike.

Carol Morgan
Topeka, Shawnee County