Date: 9/11/17 10:43 am
Subject: Yellow-bellied Flycatcher in Buncombe County
Hi Folks,

This morning at about 11:30 a.m. there was a large mixed flock in my front
yard. I was surprised to hear what sounded like a Yellow-bellied
Flycatcher amongst the commotion. I located a small flycatcher with
relatively long wings that had yellowish underparts, including the throat.
Broad, white wing bars and a complete, bold eye ring. The bird called and
responded to play back with continued "turree" calling. It also sang
twice. I will continue to keep trying to relocate and get photos.

Also, had a Swainson's Thrush and 7 species of warbler Looking forward to
seeing what else pops up in my yard over the next couple days.

Good Birding,

Clifton Avery
Tour Guide
Ventures Birding Tours