Date: 9/11/17 10:11 am
From: Loretta <lchen89...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Hooded Warbler in Botanical Garden
Hey Folks,
I had just an hour in the botanical garden this morning, 8 to 9. On my way out, I had one good look at a male Hooded Warbler. It flew in to the tall bottle brush tree between the Friend (northern) gate and the restrooms. I just saw a streak of yellow at first, then it popped out for one perfect look at his profile. Bright yellow warbler, full-on hood.
I lingered for 15 minutes hoping for another look, but he didn't show his face again. He flew in from behind me. So I'd check the whole area if you are going for a look. Especially since they were just opening the gate and it's likely to get busier there.
Before the Hooded, I found a lovely little grouping of a male streaky Yellow Warbler, male Wilson's Warbler, and a Blue-Grey Gnatcatcher in the tall trees roughly south-east of the circle. Probably the same Wilson's was later in the trees directly across from the restroom then into the bottlebrush bushes. So you get the idea.
Hope someone refinds the Hooded!
Good birding,
Loretta

Join us on Facebook!