Date: 9/11/17 8:38 am
From: <annbailes...>
Subject: Swarming Swallows at Dobbins Farm Ponds
We made a trip to the farm ponds this morning just to see if anything
interesting was out there as the remains of the hurricane come in. Not much
to see - except that a couple of hundred swallows were swarming over the lower
pond. Occasionally they would touch the surface. They appeared to be tree
swallows, although they were far enough away and moving so quickly that they
were difficult to identify the exact kind. They were definitely not barn
swallows. This behavior continued for the several-minutes period that we
watched them.

Ann Bailes
Anderson SC
<annbailes...>