Date: 9/11/17 8:24 am
From: <coloradobirder...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] "Nunn Guy" Fall Migration Trip Results
Hi all

A nice group of folks explored Hereford Ranch and Lion's Park in Cheyenne, WY as well as Weld CR 124 pond. Mark A and a few others(?) finished at Crow Valley Campground. We ate our lunch at the beautiful new botanical gardens building (free) at Lion's Park.

Stars of the day, by far, were the "zillions" of McCown's Longpurs along Chalk Bluffs Road and Weld CR 124.

Chalk Bluff Road
McCown's Longspur - 150-200 (easily). Two large flocks--one about 80-100 itself Say's Phoebe Ferruginous Hawk Vesper and Lark Sparrow Other usualsHereford Ranch 26 species total
6 Swainson's Hawk Ferruginous Hawk Great Horned Owl Hairy Woodpecker Western Wood-Pewee 2 Red-breasted Nuthatch 2 House Wren Yellow Warbler 5 Wilson's Warbler 5 Chipping Sparrow 2 White-crowned Sparrow Vesper Sparrow 2 Song Sparrow 6 Pine Siskin 2 Lesser Goldfinch Other usuals The day before our trip Laramie Audubon birders had these highlights at Hereford: Olive-sided Flycatcher, Cordilleran Flycatcher, Cassin's Kingbird, Red-eyed Vireo, Ruby-crowned Kinglet, Swainson's Thrush, Gray Catbird, Cedar Waxwing, Orange-crowned Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Blackpoll Warbler, Green-tailed Towhee.

Lion's Park (Just the botanical garden area) 11 species
Mountain Chickadee Red-breasted Nuthatch Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2 Townsend's Solitaire Wilson's WarblerWeld CR 124 Pond
Sora 5 Western Sandpiper 10 Wilson's Snipe 80 McCown's Longspur Crow Valley Campground (Mark A and Bruce) 19 species

3 Western Wood-Pewee Red-breasted Nuthatch 3 White-breasted Nuthatch Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3 Townsend's Solitaire Gray Catbird 3 Brown Thrasher Ovenbird Orange-crowned Warbler 2 Townsend's Warbler All in all a fun trip!
Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.club/ http://coloradobirder.club/

Join us on Facebook!