Date: 9/11/17 8:01 am
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Bank Swallow at dusk - San Joaquin 10 SEP
Last night I was at San Joaquin watching the sunset (6:30p-7:15p) and just
had my binos and wide angle lens with me. Just before sunset, there was a
large flock (30-40) of swallows that were moving around Ponds C-E. Barn
Swallow, Cliff and Northern Rough-winged made up most of the pack, but I
was able to see at least one Bank Swallow in the bunch. It had a very well
defined necklace separating the white chin from the white breast. Never
attempted a photo since all i had was my 24mm lens. It was around 6:45p
when the birds were most active.

Jeff Bray
Irvine, CA

Join us on Facebook!