Date: 9/10/17 9:09 pm
From: Gary Nunn <garybnunn...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] FRNC – a few migrants, Sep 9-10, 2017
I checked around Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in the early AM this
weekend both Sep 9 and 10.

Overall pretty quiet out there with not much sign of migration. Just a
handful of expected species.

Saturday Sep 9, 2017 I found 3 MacGillivray's Warbler including a couple in
the larger dense umbrella pines on the west side just south of the admin
building. A single White-winged Dove flew by heading south out to the point.

Sunday Sep 10, 2017 just after dawn I heard a flyover DICKCISSEL heading
out to the point. It called a few times, flat sputter call, but I never did
see it and was not heard or seen again. Also there were 2 Olive-sided
Flycatcher together on the highest tips of dead Torrey Pine south of the
west side admin building. Although they were very mobile all around the
north area of the west side. A juvenile Phainopepla and a Hutton's Vireo
were in the northeast section.

--
Gary Nunn
Pacific Beach