Date: 9/10/17 6:01 pm
From: Stephen Mirick <smirick...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Odiorne Point State Park (Yellow-breasted Chat, Clay-colored Sparrow, MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER!!!)
Odiorne Point State Park continues to be a hot spot for birds along the
coast over the weekend.  Good numbers of warbers and vireos. Jane and I
did a long walk around the park yesterday and a fast walk around the
park before sunset today.  Highlights:

Yellow-breasted Chat - 1 first discovered on Friday by Jason Lambert and
also seen yesterday and today by a small number of lucky birders.  Jane
and I missed it as did others.  It has been seen in the vicinity of the
south end of the park near the start of the Boy Scout Trail.

Clay-colored Sparrow - 1 bird continues.  Hanging out with a small group
of Chipping Sparrows.  In the vicinity of the bunker near the path
between the parking lot and the Science Center.  Jane and I had it
tucked into a pine tree with two Chipping Sparrows.

and...

MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER - YES!  Jane and I are virtually certain we
relocated the MacGillivray's Warbler.  1/2 mile away from the previous
location!!  We had it early this evening before sunset along the bike
trail just north of the fresh water pond.  In an area of dead sumac and
goldenrod.  It was vocalizing and seen extremely well by Jane at least 3
times.  Sadly, I only got one or two very brief views.  And no photos.
We keyed in on it by the loud chipping notes it made.  So......the story
here is that the bird is still around and people should be aware of
this.  If the bird's genetic "GPS" is haywire, it may stick around until
the Bioblitz or longer!

Steve & Jane Mirick
Bradford, MA