Date: 9/10/17 3:43 pm
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Kosicusko Co. Buff-breasted Sandpiper and American Golden-Plovers
I had nearly given up hope for finding my targeted buffie at this site, as it has nearly dried up and it is getting late in the season for the species.  However, the owner mowed the entire 100 acre grass field this weekend, creating short grass habitat.
At 6: 15 pm, after scanning the grass fields and mudflat from 3 points along 400 E., I decided to have one last scan 1/2 mile or more northwest of the mudflat.  Watching Killdeer fly, I noticed a smaller, light-colored bird fly all the way in to the mudflat and it was a Buffie-a new county bird that completes the list of unusual species found at this site.
I also saw 2 American Golden-Plovers flying and feeding with the Killdeer in the grassy field-well to the Northwest of the mudflat and road.

John Kendall
Warsaw

photos of the Buff-breasted &  more:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jckendall/