Date: 9/10/17 12:56 pm
From: <rogerschoedl...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Huntington Central Park rarities
Huntington Central Park was very productive today. Fair number of migrants with a considerable concentration around the "Island" area.

A TENNESSEE WARBLER was low in eucs at the far north end of the amphitheater grove where it meets the "Island" slough. Jon Dunn led a group tour in the park on Saturday and mentioned he thought he saw one but didn't get sufficient views. I refound it early this morning about 50 feet from where he'd thought he'd seen it yesterday.

The female/immature MacGillivray's Warbler continues and was in the same tree with the Tennessee.

Also had 2 different AMERICAN REDSTARTS - a male and a female - this morning. The sharp looking male was at the east end of the "Island" slough (located southwest of the Gothard lot) foraging in the cottonwoods and willows. The female briefly popped up in a willow where I had the Tennessee Warbler.

Also had 2 different NORTHERN WATERTHRUSHES. I heard one calling from Loren's Ditch (small pond located farthest east from of the Slater lot) and about 10 minutes later heard another calling from the "Island". Didn't hear the one that's been in the Jack Green Nature area (NW corner of Talbert Lake) today but it's possible there are 3 in the park.

Roger Schoedl
Huntington Beach

Join us on Facebook!