Date: 9/10/17 10:05 am
From: Peggy Mundy <peggy_busby...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Introducing myself
In all of the excitement over the swallow-tailed gull, I neglected to introduce myself when I joined Tweeters a week ago.
I have been birding since the mid-70s.  Got started as an undergraduate biology major at Southern Oregon State College (now Southern Oregon University), in Ashland.  I have mostly been a casual birder, but now with the kids grown and fewer demands on my time, perhaps I'll be able to get more disciplined about it.  I enjoy all kinds of wildlife, not just birds.  I have lived on the west coast my whole life, mostly in Oregon and Washington, with a few years in northern California.  I enjoy travel and the opportunity to see new bird species that traveling provides.  I've been to Costa Rica once (saw a quetzal) and also South Africa (so many kingfishers!!).  Mostly I've been a "backyard" birder.  I picked up the photography bug a few years ago and am really enjoying that, and combining my photography with birding is a great match.
I look forward to learning from this group, so many resources that I have not been aware of!  What is "ebird", where do you post your bird photos, etc., etc.
Thanks to all of the great birders who have been tracking the swallow-tailed gull for us worker bees who haven't been able to get out and scout.  The generosity of this community is wonderful.
Happy birding!
Peggy MundyBothell, WApeggy_busbyATyahooDOTcom