Date: 9/10/17 8:27 am
From: Derek C. Richardson <dcr...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Rocky Gorge migrants (PG County)

Started out slow and the strong breeze didn't help, but things picked up
this morning and I finished with 40 species, including 6 warblers (B&W,
redstart, Magnolia, Black-throated Green & Blue (both FOS here for me),
and Pine). Unusually high numbers of hummingbird and Hairy Woodpecker.
Full report below:

Rocky Gorge Reservoir/Supplee Park, Prince George's, Maryland, US
Sep 10, 2017 7:50 AM - 10:34 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: Distance is one way (with some backtracking). Sunny, cool,
strong breeze at times. Also heard 1 rooster.
40 species

Canada Goose 10
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Black Vulture 3
Turkey Vulture 2
Cooper's Hawk 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 3
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 3 1 feeding at forget-me-nots, 1 chasing BLJA
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 4
Hairy Woodpecker 3 all heard only
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Blue Jay 15
American Crow 10
Fish Crow 2
Carolina Chickadee 12
Tufted Titmouse 10
White-breasted Nuthatch 2
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 9
Eastern Bluebird 2
American Robin 5
Gray Catbird 7
Brown Thrasher 1
Northern Mockingbird 2
European Starling 4
Cedar Waxwing 25
Black-and-white Warbler 1
American Redstart 3
Magnolia Warbler 9
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 1 drab
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Chipping Sparrow 2
Eastern Towhee 3
Northern Cardinal 15
House Finch 1
American Goldfinch 1
House Sparrow 4

View this checklist online at

Derek C. Richardson, Laurel, PG County, MD
http://www.astro.umd.edu/~dcr/personal.html