Date: 9/9/17 7:50 pm
From: Don Morgan via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Bstn Hlw/Yale Forest, Ashford, Sat 9-9-17; Bay-breasted Warbler
The woods are pretty quiet now but still little flocks of migrants
drifting through. Trip was worth if for me though, because I got my first Ct
Bay-breasted Warbler today. I've only seen them in Ohio previously. It was with
a small flock of obvious migrant warblers, most of which I couldn't ID
because of the sun and thick foliage. They were mixed in with a flock of local
chickadees. I've had good luck finding other birds with this same flock
before.

Sep 9, 2017 7:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
9.0 mile(s)
26 species

Turkey Vulture 3
Mourning Dove 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 4
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 4
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 15
Common Raven 2
Black-capped Chickadee 35
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 2
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin 1
Gray Catbird 3
Common Yellowthroat 4
Bay-breasted Warbler 1 FOY and first for me in Ct - in with a small
flock of migrants foraging with local Chickadees
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Pine Warbler 4
Chipping Sparrow 3
American Goldfinch 20