Date: 9/9/17 11:19 am
From: 'Robert Lindsay' <capnbob...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] LLC and Coronado
Saturday, 9/9, 8-10:30 am

Began at Lake Los Carneros. Only bird of note was a single Western Tanager. Good day for raptors. Saw Red-tailed, Red-shouldered and Cooper's Hawks, White-tailed Kite, American Kestral and Turkey Vulture. So many birds of prey seems to indicate lots of meat around. Rabbits and rodents must have had a good summer.

Went to the Coronado seep next and just sat above the puddle for about 45 minutes and was richly rewarded. Birds seen (in roughly ascending order of interest) were:

California Towhee

Common Bushtit

Anna's Hummingbird

Song Sparrow

Oak Titmouse

Allen's hummingbird

Common Yellowthroat (female only)

Common Flicker

Downy Woodpecker

Hairy Woodpecker

White-breasted Nuthatch

Orange-crowned Warbler (two races)

Wilson's Warbler (lots)

Yellow Warbler

Black-throated Gray Warbler

Chestnut-backed Chickadee

There were also two species of Empidonax flycatchers that were not Pac. Slope. Jim Hodgeson was there for one of these. I was with Don and Marge when they photographed the (likely) MacGillivray's Warbler a few days ago but it did not reappear while I was there this morning.

Join us on Facebook!