Date: 9/9/17 7:50 am
From: Christopher Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER and other birds at Racebrook Tract
In Orange and Woodbridge. We took a long hike in the Racebrook Tract this
morning and found it to be quite birdy in spots. The highlight was an adult
male Golden-winged Warbler that we found feeding in a brushy clearing with
scattered trees and dead snags at the SE end of the property. Probably not a
"chaseable" bird, but if someone wants to go look for it, the clearing is
south of the trail that goes from Dogburn Road to the area north of the
middle school fields. Easiest access would be to park by the ball fields,
walk through the woods to the trail, turn right, and walk ~100 yards and
then go off trail into the clearing on the right. We saw 13 warbler species
in all, with other notable species being: Cape May, Bay-breasted, Tennessee,
and Prairie. Our observations match up well with what Preston reported
hearing overnight. Fall migration is cool! Full report on ebird.

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,
Woodbridge