Date: 9/9/17 4:28 am
From: Evan Dalton <evanndalton...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Manomet Bird-A-Thon September 16-17
***Sent with permission of the moderator***

Greetings MASSBIRDers,

Are you looking for something to give purpose to your birding next weekend?
Maybe you want an excuse to join up with friends or to go somewhere you
don't normally bird. If so, perhaps you'll consider participating in the
39th annual Manomet Bird-a-thon. This fundraiser is a critical piece of the
funding puzzle for Manomet's Landbird Conservation Program, which conducts
migration research (our 50th fall this year!), serves as a training program
for young biologists and and educates thousands of visitors and
schoolchildren each year.

https://www.manomet.org/landbird-conservation

This year's Bird-a-thon will take place over September 16-17. You can
participate in several ways:

1. You can create your own team and collect pledges (per-species pledges
are great because they are great incentive to keep birding!). Then get out
and bird wherever you want. You can keep track of your pledges yourself or
you can create a page on Manomet's BAT Classy page:

https://www.classy.org/campaign/manomet-bird-a-thon-2017/c136609

2. You can contribue to an existing team or the BAT through the same link.

3. You can spread the word to folks who might be interested.

Don't let a lack of supporters stop you from creating a team; even a small
ammount is huge for our program (each of our mist nets costs $70 to
replace)

Thanks for your contributions in any way. Teams that raise or contribute
certain amounts qualify for some nice incentives from Manomet, including
membership, shirts and even a free pair of binoculars!

If you have further questions regarding the event, please feel free to
contact Justin Barrett (<jbarrett...>).
I look forward to seeing some of you out and about birding next weekend.
It's always fun to bird for a cause.

Evan Dalton
Lead Instructor, Landbird Conservation
Manomet