Date: 9/8/17 7:55 pm
From: Jon Kauffman <jvk5019...>
Subject: Plovers and a Peregrine
Hello all,

Below are my comments that I entered into eBird for the 4 American
Golden-Plovers and Peregrine Falcon observed this evening around 7ish this
evening on Pennsylvania Furnace Rd. I find that sunrise and sundown are the
best times to visit this area. It should be interesting to see what will
show up in the approaching weeks.

*Plovers first flew over from the NE and circled three times before heading
SW. Fifteen minutes later they returned to a small area of standing water
in the fields and remained there until sundown. I observed the Peregrine,
perched and eating something, after the first plover flyover. I'm guessing
the plovers were in the NE fields and took off after the Peregrine kill. *

Furnace Rd., Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 8, 2017 7:10 PM - 8:00 PM
Protocol: Stationary
9 species

Mallard 15