Date: 9/8/17 7:07 pm
From: JM Maher <jeannemariemaher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] lost and found (coastal birding) Golden Plover
After a full morning -got home to see the posting about Jason's Chat at Odiorne. Was a nice afternoon so headed over in hopes of seeing it. Spent (far too much) time trying to find the bird, but instead came up with Steve Bennet and Susan Wrisley, also met Patricia Wood. The best we could do was a rather oversized common yellowthroat, with bright eye rings but no spectacles, and a grey smear on the side of its face. (Sure looked larger on the bigger cameras!)

Shelduck still there.

I headed south on the coast stopping at racks of seaweed looking for goodies, when I came upon this beautiful plover. Trying very hard to convince myself it is a Pacific Golden Plover (grey legs, wings just slightly longer than the tail, lots of white below).

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39073102 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39073102>

Searched for Knots, Whimbrel, etc without luck but managed to miss the inland rain, so all in all a good afternoon and evening.

Jeanne-Marie Maher
Nashua NH