Date: 9/8/17 7:05 pm
From: <jacksonwrxt89...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Red Crossbills - Sunapee
This afternoon while out on a Warbler walk I had two RED CROSSBILLS fly overhead, give me brief but distant views, then disappear into the nearby pine forest. I was birding in the Webb's Forest area at Harding Hill Farm on Stagecoach Road in Sunapee when I came across them. They called as they passed by but I was caught off guard and didn't get any recordings.

As for Warblers, the Lake Sunapee area continues to be a migrant Warbler dead-zone. I've come across very little migrants so far this fall. However, I finally got into a little action this evening, Blackpolls and Tennessee Warblers comprising the highlights. Still no Cape May, Wilson's or even Parula's so far this fall. A strange season indeed.

-Dylan Jackson
Sunapee

Sent from my iPhone