Date: 9/8/17 6:46 pm
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lakefront Connecticut Warbler, Sabine's and Little Gulls.... how lucky can you get?
The overnight NE winds didn't arrive until noon, but I started at Hammond Sanctuary anyhow, hoping for passerines.It was a bit slow, with a few good species and finally pulling a Connecticut Warbler out of the West End. At Miller, the winds shifted to NE and a few few terns and a handful of Bonaparte's Gulls were moving eastward that I noticed were accompanied by a juvenile Sabine's Gull.  Finally, an adult Little Gull was found flying east, past the breakwall with Common Terns at Michigan City.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jckendall/
Hammond Sanctuary:16 warbler species Red-breasted Nuthatch-thanks, CarolynConnecticut Warbler -first-year male (photos)http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39072843
Miller Beach:Juvenile Little Gull-1 also viewed by Michael ToppBonaparte's Gull-5 one in beautiful juvenal plumage (photos)Sanderling-60Least Sandpiper-1http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39067797
Michigan City: 3:15 -5 pm Little Gull-1 adult also seen by Eric Michael and Tanner Troyerhttp://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39069758