Date: 9/8/17 6:12 pm
From: Rachel Frennea <rachelfrennea...>
Subject: [obol] Tualatin River NWR - Portland Audubon bird walk
Hi all,

I led a beginner bird walk for Portland Audubon at Tualatin River NWR this
morning. Upcoming free bird walks through Portland Audubon can be found here
<http://audubonportland.org/trips-classes-camps/adult/fieldtrips> on the
left side of the page. The highlight for many was the Pectoral Sandpiper
that gave us good views. We also think we heard a Northern Pygmy-Owl or
Saw-whet calling (consistent fast "poot"s that did not have the bouncing
ball sound like a Screech) but never got good enough listens to record.
eBird has no reports for either at this location at this time of year (in
fact, no reports of Pygmy at all) - does anyone have an explanation as to
why they might not be in the area? Is there another species that would make
a similar call?

Full species list:

Happy birding,
Rachel Frennea