Date: 9/8/17 4:42 pm
From: Gary Nunn <garybnunn...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] FRNC – Black-throated Sparrow juv, Sep 08, 2017
I checked around Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery in the late morning today
finding just a modest number of expected migrants.

I did lay eyes on a juvenile BLACK-THROATED SPARROW in the southeast
section along the concrete water culvert and grass edges. It took off
flying towards the highway and could not be relocated.

Some photos in my eBird checklist below of the sparrow. Also some photos
of the localized Channel Islands breeding, and nearby coastal area, "Dusky"
Orange-crowned Warbler (Oreothlypis celata sordida) which show an example
of the type of image documentation the local eBird review team, of which I
am a member, are looking for in reports of this form of Orange-crowned
Warbler.

Gary Nunn
Pacific Beach

Join us on Facebook!