Date: 9/8/17 4:28 pm
From: Jim.Flynn <merlinmania...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Re: Western Screech-Owl, perhaps
Hi Jeff and all owl-loving Tweets,

May I respectfully suggest that you don't go out and play a recording to the Screech Owls at Lincoln Park? They seem to be having a tough time surviving in the Puget Sound region and Barred Owl predation and/or competition is at least suspected to be among the causes.

It would be nice, though not crucial, to confirm their presence, but I suspect we will know that when they choose to call of their own accord. I live a mile uphill from Lincoln Park and have heard them sporadically (every few years) over the last eleven years. This, despite our house being in a strictly residential area (not close to a greenbelt). I'm sure we would hear them more often if we were near one of the parks.

Thanks,

Jim Flynn
Seattle,  WA