Date: 9/8/17 4:27 pm
From: Phil Davis <pdavis...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Request for documentation: 25 Aug 2012 pelagic
Hi MD birders:

I am working very hard to sort out documentation from the Aug 25, 2012
pelagic trip out of Lewes, DE into MD waters and I can use help from
some of you.

Specifically, I am interested in photos of the five Black-capped
Petrels from that day.

A key issue in sorting out the documentation associated with these
five birds deals with the times of their observations and the times of
the photographs.

I have a few usable photos from a few photographers where I was able
to determine the time of the photograph from the EXIF metadata
associated with the images.

I have useable images from Sam Galick for birds #2 and #3 and from
George Jett for bird #3 but that's it.

I either have copies of, or have seen excellent photos from Mike
Burchett (5 images), JB Churchill (1 image), Mark Hoffman (3 images),
and Paul Guris (2 images). If I could ask those photographers to
please forward me copies of your photos, along with the times of the
images, or the originals files with EXIF info, or some other way to
associate the image with the five candidates. As it stands right now,
I can't use any of these other images for records documentation since
I can't associate the photos with the five birds of record. Perhaps
the original frame numbers can be used to put images in the proper
order. Or, I might be able to visually match-up images without times
to others that are from known times, but I would prefer to have direct
time links.

Single birds were seen during each of the following time windows
(assuming the photographers camera clocks were set properly):

Bird #1 MD/2012-076 07:00 - 07:30 (no photos seem to have been taken)
Bird #2 MD/2012-077 07:30 - 08:00 (currently 1 image by S Galick taken
at 7:57 per exif time, 1 image (probably of this bird) by P Guris (no
exif time in my copy of the image)
Bird #3 MD/2012-078 08:00 - 08:30 (currently 1 image by S Galick taken
at 8:24, 1 image taken by G Jett at 8:13) [Same bird 9 minutes apart;
clock setting differences?]
Bird #4 MD/2012-081 08:30 - 09:00 (no photos)
Bird #5 MD/2012-083 09:30 - 10:00 (no photos)

If anyone else has photos of any of these Black-capped Petrels from
this trip, please let me know. Some of the other people that were on
this trip include: Paul Pisano, Jason Berry, Matt Hafner, Ed Boyd, Jim
Stasz, Mikey Lutmerding, Nancy Magnusson, John Hubbell, Jared
Satchell, Josh Lefever, Stephen Brenner, Note Fronk, Anna Fosoli,
Robert Parsons, and Michael Dreibelbis.

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get with this task.

Thanks, much!

Phil

Phil Davis, Secretary
MD/DC Records Committee
2549 Vale Court
Davidsonville, Maryland 21035 USA
301-261-0184
mailto:<PDavis...>

MD/DCRC Web site: http://www.MDBirds.org/mddcrc/rcindex.html
Group 'Maryland & DC Birding'.
To view group guidelines or change email preferences, visit this group
on the web at http://www.mdbirding.com
Unfamiliar with a hotspot mentioned on this list? Quickly locate it
here - http://www.mdbirding.com/hotspot.html

Join us on Facebook!