Date: 9/8/17 4:25 pm
From: Dan Singer <dsg2...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Painted Bunting - Outer Point Reyes, MRN
Hi birders,

A young Painted Bunting was present today at the Fish Docks in the same area where the Clay-colored Sparrow was first reported yesterday and which continues today. This is the flat area at the base of the walkway/pier that leads to the the Fish Docks and where Elephant Seals are sometimes hauled out. This was a fairly dull bird but with obvious green tones to the crown and back. After about 15-20 minutes the bunting flew a very short distance and I was unable to refind it. I’ll add photos to my eBird checklist.

Migrants were scarce in the few areas I checked. A low marine layer hampered visibility. I was told the American Redstart was still present at Mendoza Ranch.

Dan Singer
San Rafael

Listowners: mailto:<northbaybirds-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<northbaybirds-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)