Date: 9/8/17 4:02 pm
From: Nathaniel Wander <nw105...>
Subject: [obol] Fw: ?? Townsend's Solitaires in downtown Portland??
Jeff,
I have seen a solitaire in winter (Feb) on the Blacklock Trail north of Port Orford.  The trail is full of rhododendron, as is my courtyard, and I seem to recollect blackish berry-bearing bushes I can't name.
Jason Crotty also shared this eBird report http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S25223645with photos of a Townsend's in his NE Portland yard on 9/28/15.
I wonder if Jason's solitaire could have been a more 'wintery' bird.  As I shared with Jeff last night, there are scattered winter reports to be found on line from both Portland and San Francisco going back to the 1920s. Nathaniel WanderPortland, OR
"Don't work towards freedom.  Make the work the freedom."