Date: 9/8/17 3:10 pm
Subject: This morning at Hefner Gap and the Orchard Road
I was joined by four birders from Burnsville at Hefner Gap at about 7:45 and we had pretty good action until about 9:am. Then we went a couple of miles south on the BRP, where we saw migrants until about 9:30 am. The recurring question that occurs to me is: how good would the Orchard have been when we were seeing birds at Hefner? In any case, combining the results as to birds seen in both places we saw the following twelve species of Warblers:

1. Black-throated Blue
2. Canada
3. Chestnut-sided
4. Cape May
5. Nashville
6. Hooded
7. Magnolia
8. Black-throated Green
9. Chestnut-sided
10. Tennessee
11. American Redstart
12. Black and White

Other notable birds we saw included a pair of Baltimore Orioles, several Wood Pewees which were flycatching down to the Orchard Road just in front of us and several Scarlet Tanagers and Indigo Buntings.

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=u0zf9d1t5QBQBfBedH-K6HjhQGL6P1O0pJt6yKO2-2g&s=b9HQhdmEN6XxfHhvBUz84dyMWN5W07RXXGgTlup-WHA&e=

Join us on Facebook!