Date: 9/8/17 1:54 pm
From: Marcie Mason <mason_marcie...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Male Painted Bunting - Saturn ponds
Friday morning around 8:45 am I found an adult male PaintedBunting along Saturn Blvd. in the area of the small hidden ponds just N. ofSunset.  It was first seen on the W. sideof Saturn in a dead tree by the northernmost pond, and then it flew across thestreet and disappeared into the brush on the east side of Saturn.  Several of us stayed around for another 2hours trying to re-find him, but to no avail.  The bird was seen by Jan Nordenberg, Shirley Reynolds,and me.  Eric K. was not able to photos before it flew off.

The previously reported female-type Painted Buntings wereboth seen earlier in the morning by several birders at the Community Gardens.

Marcie Mason

San Diego

Join us on Facebook!