Date: 9/8/17 11:05 am
From: Phil Brown <nebirdsplus...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] night sounds - Essex, MA
I've been recording audio over night for the past few weeks (as the
weather allows) and am a bit surprised at how often Barred Owls hoot and
holler in the neighborhood. One or two have called at some point during
any of the recent wind / rain free nights.

Last night's recording showed an uptick in migrants calling as they flew
over and I've added a bit of audio at the link below with 4 calls I'd
appreciate some help with and the 5th sounding like a Dickcissel's
flight call. Any help is appreciated!!

https://nebirdsplus.com/sounds-of-the-night-essex/

Also at the house this morning:

4 American Crow

6 American Goldfinch

4 Northern Cardinal (one of which was calling in the yard at 2:15 this
morning)

1 Cooper's Hawk (calling several times at 6am)

2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds (an adult male and a youngster still
hanging around)

3 Downy Woodpecker

4 House Finch

12 House Sparrow