Date: 9/8/17 7:38 am
From: <Smchecchia...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET CAS Camp Pine Seed Collecting, other Sept-Oct activities - no sightings

We hope you will join us to kick off this new CAS project. To read more about Camp Pine, other CAS Fall activities, plus the CAS annual seed sale, see the current issue of the Compass, http://chicagoaudubon.org/sites/default/files//compass/compass_sepoct2017.pdf

CAMP PINE WOODS – SEED COLLECTING
Saturdays Sept. 9 and Oct. 7, 9 a.m. until noon

CAS has approval to start collecting native seeds for redistributing at the small prairie and shrubland at Camp Pine Woods Forest Preserve, along the Des Plaines River Trail. Our intention is to improve habitat there especially for shrubland birds, like Yellow Breasted Chats, by restoring the site to better ecological health.

Meet at the farthest parking lot at Camp Pine Woods on Euclid/Lake Avenue between Des Plaines and Glenview, just east of the Des Plaines River. Enter from east bound, no left turn from west bound (turn around on River Road).

No RSVP required but if you need more information, contact Laurel Ross at 773-218-0850. Wear long pants and a hat.

Sunday, Oct. 8 Long Walk 7:30 a.m.
A “long walk” will include the oak woods east of our Camp Pine work site, beginning 7:30 a.m. at the Beck Lake parking lot on Central at East River Rd., Des Plaines.
Leader: John Elliott (<johnelliott4...>)

Suzanne Checchia
Evanston, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!