Date: 9/7/17 7:55 pm
From: Charlie Nims <charlie.nims...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Bay-breasted and Tennessee Warblers
This morning, I stayed close to home and birded the Thorne Pond Conservation area in Bartlett. It is a small area opposite the entrance to the Bear Peak section of Attitash ski resort and can be worth a visit during spring and fall migration. There were a couple of good waves of migrants highlighted by several Bay-breasted and Tennessee Warblers which were very “cooperative” giving some close and prolonged views. Photos are attached to my eBird post.

I am not sure if I am just getting used to the fall timing and areas here after 4 years or if it has been a good fall for the less common warblers such as Cape May, Bay-breasted and Tennessee.

Today, had 1-2 Red Crossbills at Thorne Pond. I have sent in a recording to the Macauley Lab but not sure if the quality will allow an ID.

Charlie Nims
Bartlett, NH