Date: 9/7/17 5:06 pm
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Eagle Optics going out of business
Listfolk,

I heard today that Eagle Optics, the online retailer of binoculars
and scopes of all sizes and brands, is sadly going out of business at
the end of the year. They're holding a going-out-of-business sale,
with 20% or more off all products. Many of the models they offer are
already marked "no longer available" at their website, especially the
scopes, but many remain.

I've been thinking of getting a new pair of binoculars, and finally
joining the ranks of roof-prism users (I've always used Porro-prism
binoculars in the past). Some of the prices at Eagle right now have
me thinking of also breaking a longstanding rule of mine and buying a
new pair of binocs without trying them out first. Anybody have any
insight to offer about Eagle's own Eagle Optics Ranger ED 8x42
binoculars? (And to be honest, the chance to buy a pair of Zeiss
Conquest HD binocs for a price that's well below four digits is
mightily attractive too.)

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH