Date: 9/7/17 3:52 pm
From: 'Lethaby, Nick' <nlethaby...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] [sbcobirding] Newport and Coronado
Don and Marge,

The warbler is indeed very odd. The streaking could be caused by odd hormones that resulted in juvenile characteristics being retained in formative plumage or be a result of hybridization. Since the gray extends across the chest, I don’t think it can be an OCWA. In several respects, the bird looks more similar to a Macgillvray’s, but they should show pink legs and, of course, lack streaking.

Nick