Date: 9/7/17 3:39 pm
From: <thorntonmlt...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Newport and Coronado
We paid brief visits to the Newport crossing and the Coronado Seep this morning. Newport was not very birdy, but what we took to be a dove turned out to be a White-tailed Kite when we looked at the picture, so that seemed a bit unusual.
At Coronado there were only a couple of warblers, a first year Wilson's and what we took to be an Orange-crowned Warbler. The Orange-crowned seemed unusual in that the head was mostly gray and the breast was flecked with little black streaks. A picture of the warbler is on the checklist:

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39055280 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39055280

Marge and Don Thornton
Goleta, Ca

Join us on Facebook!