Date: 9/7/17 2:47 pm
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Swan Creek update today, 9/7
Hi all,

Had not seen any updates from Swan Creek today, although lots of birders were there in the afternoon when Barry and I visited. The long and short of it is that there are some really nice birds at the site, but no sign of the Sharp-tailed Sandpiper. The scoop we heard is that there have been no definite reports for some time, and ongoing confusion with Pectoral Sandpipers. We did see 12 species of shorebird, including Wilson's Phalarope, American Golden Plover, and multiple White-rumped and Stilt Sandpipers. The continuing 3 Hudsonian Godwits were seen earlier in the day, but not by us.

Gail Mackiernan and Barry Cooper
Colesville, MD

Sent from my iPad