Date: 9/7/17 2:21 pm
From: <tiorick...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Wintersburg Channel Bridges
Hi OC Birders, I spotted a large number of white Egrets on the walls of the Wintersburg Channel while crossing the Warner Av. bridge behind the Del Taco and 24 Hour Fitness. So I pulled in there and did a count to the best of my eyes' and bin's capabilities. There were at least 60 Snowy Egrets, 40 White-faced Ibis and many more Great Egrets and Great Blue Herons. Later I saw the email from Ryan about a Solitary Sandpiper seen from the Springdale bridge so today on my way home I birded from the Springdale and also the Edwards bridges over the channel and found lots more egrets, but no sandpipers. I figure there were over 200 egrets, herons, and Ibis viewed from those three bridges, and I could see there were still more to be seen at the next bridge at Golden West. Who knows, someone with young eyes and a sophisticated camera may find a hidden rare bird amongst all those egrets.

Rick Shearer
HB

Join us on Facebook!